• The answer is 100% yes. Uninsured Motorist automobile insurance coverage lets you file insurance claims for damage to your vehicle, lost work, your medical bills, and more if you’re hit by a vehicle with no liability (or at-fault) insurance. Underinsured Motorist insurance is similar, and lets you file claims if the vehicle you’re hit by has insurance, but just not enough to make up for what’s happened. Based on years of representing our clients, here are our top 5 reasons why you need to have these types of coverage:

    1. It’s the law. These types of insurance are required in Washington state, unless you decline them in writing, which you shouldn’t.
    2. About 50% of the claims we see involve bad drivers who don’t have enough insurance.
    3. Living life is expensive. People out there cut corners on their car insurance to save money but they’re still causing car crashes.
    4. You have extra rights when you file these types of claims because you’re dealing with your own insurance company, not the other person’s.
    5. You will probably have even more time to heal from your injuries before you have to complete these types of claims. Dealing with the other driver’s insurance company has to happen quicker under Washington law.


Display by category