Effectively Managing Personal Injury Cases Insurance Seminar
This insurance seminar provides up-to-date information and solutions on effectively managing your personal injury cases.
Why attend this insurance seminar:
- Understand the big picture and unwritten rules of insurance and personal injury law
- Create greater efficiencies and effectiveness in billing, charting, and collecting.
- Successful problem solving of billing and payment disputes with insurers, patients, and attorneys.
- Decrease your accounts receivable and increase your accounts payable.
- Effective responses to insurers and attorneys trying to reduce or compromise your bill.
Who Should Attend?
- Healthcare providers interested in effectively and successfully handling traumatic
- Individuals responsible for patient billing, communication with insurers, attorneys, and patients.
- Recent and experienced healthcare providers and their staff members seeking the cutting edge tools and information
to work smarter and more effectively in managing personal injury claims.
- Insurance Coverage: Learn about all the motor vehicle insurance and policies available to satisfy your bills, including Personal Injury Protection (PIP), Liability, Uninsured, and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Billing: Who to bill? When to bill? Who has to pay? When do they have to pay?
- New developments in insurance law and claim practices that impact your practice; understanding the “Insurance Fair Conduct Act” (IFCA)
- Liens – Learn how to use them and how to handle insurers and attorneys that challenge them
- Reasonable charges for records, testifying, and interest on bills
- Expert Witness Fees: How much? Who pays? When?
- IME/ICE/Peer Reviews: How to effectively handle and respond to these “treatment killers”
- Responding to insurers, attorneys, and patients refusing to pay or trying to reduce your bills
- Cutting edge PI Topics
- Apportioning preexisting condition and new trauma
- How to know if your patient’s attorney is friend or foe regarding payment of treatment
- What to do with attorneys that do not return calls, ignore your bill, or try to reduce your bill
Date: October 24, 2019
Start time: 10:00 a.m.
End time: 04:00 p.m.
Venue: The Bellevue Club, 11200 SE 6th Street, Bellevue, WA 98004
Richard H. Adler, JD
Mr. Adler is the founding principal of Adler Giersch. Excellence in advocacy for his clients and protecting their access to treatment led to his selection as a SuperLawyer™ by his attorney peers. He's a frequent lecturer and author of several publications on medical-legal-insurance matters.
Steven J. Angles, JD
Steven Angles’ practice focuses on cases involving severe injuries, insurance coverage, and complex personal injury claims. He has extensive courtroom experience, having tried over 35 jury trials and 100 bench trials in his career. Steven is bilingual, with fluency in Spanish. He works throughout the Puget Sound and manages Adler Giersch in Kent.
Melissa D. Carter, JD
Sensing an alarming imbalance of fairness between insurance companies and injured individuals, Ms. Carter resigned as Senior Trial Counsel for Nationwide Insurance and accepted a position at the firm she admired most, Adler Giersch. Since that time, she has been selected as a SuperLawyer by her attorney peers.
Jacob W. Gent, JD
Prior to working at Adler Giersch, Mr. Gent was a senior negotiator and Litigation Specialist for Farmers Insurance Company. He has worked at Adler Giersch for over 15 years, starting as a Case Manager, he was inspired to become an attorney.
Arthur D. Leritz, JD
It was through his representation of at-fault defendants and insurance companies for over 11 years in a wide variety of complex personal injury litigation that Arthur Leritz realized his true calling was to join Adler Giersch to advocate and protect those with traumatic injuries.