Jacob W. Gent began working at Adler ♦ Giersch ps as a Case Manager in June 2002 and since then has been effectively assisting survivors of traumatic injury.
Mr. Gent is a partner at Adler ♦ Giersch ps, and resides with his spouse, Danielle, an immigration attorney, in Everett, Washington. He heads the firm’s Everett office, representing individuals throughout Washington State. Mr. Gent is licensed to practice law in federal court and all jurisdictions in the state of Washington. He is a participating member of the Washington State Bar Association, Washington State Association for Justice (Eagle status), King County and Snohomish County Bar Associations, and the Brain Injury Alliance of Washington. In 2013, Mr. Gent received a Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ of AV Preeminent®, the highest level of professional excellence.
Prior to joining Adler Giersch, Mr. Gent was a senior negotiator and Litigation Specialist for Farmers Insurance Company. While at Farmers, he investigated and adjusted first- and third party claims under both personal and commercial auto policies. Mr. Gent completed the Farmers Insurance Claims Management Training (CMT) Program, served as a backup Claims Supervisor, and was certified as a Liability Claims Specialist by the Insurance Institute of America.
Befitting his ‘rising star’ status, Mr. Gent was admitted to the Bar and sworn in by two Washington Supreme Court Justices, Tom Chambers and Debra L. Stephens, during a private ceremony in October, 2010. He has written articles on insurance and injury issues for the firm’s Advocate newsletter and web blog, Personal Injury Updates. He has lectured on similar subjects to physicians, healthcare providers, and fellow attorneys. Mr. Gent is also a contributor to founding partner, Richard Adler’s recent book, From Injury to Action: Navigating Your Personal Injury Claim (2011). He is a contributing editor to Understanding Medical and Treatment Concepts and Terms (2012) and Understanding Legal and Insurance Concepts and Terms (2013).
Mr. Gent earned his Juris Doctorate from Widener University School of Law in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in August 2009. In 2007, he studied international law and constitutional law at the University of Technology in Sydney, Australia, through the Widener Law School exchange program. At Widener, Mr. Gent was a member of the Trial Advocacy Honor Society and worked in the Widener University Civil Law Clinic, providing free legal services to indigent, elderly, and disabled individuals who could not otherwise afford representation.
Born and raised in central Illinois, Mr. Gent moved to Seattle in 1994 after receiving a Bachelor of Arts (Theatre) from Eastern Illinois University. He worked for over a decade as a director, actor, and stage manager throughout the Puget Sound region and brings this unique skill set to his practice both in and outside of the courtroom. He is recognized by his peers for his tenacity, practicality, creativity, and communication skills in client counseling. In addition to live theatre, Mr. Gent enjoys traveling abroad, cooking, entertaining, and spending quality time with friends and family; including the annual polar bear swim in Puget Sound on New Year’s Day.
1. Selected to Washington State SuperLawyers – Rising Star 2016
2. Clients’ Choice Award and Superb “10 out of 10” Rating on www.Avvo.com.
3. “AV RATED” BY MARTINDALE HUBBELL: Highest rating available through confidential survey of attorney-peers (2013)
4. Washington State Association for Justice Eagle Member
- Presenter, “How to Go From Newly Minted Attorney to Traumatic Brain Injury Advocate,” Handling the Traumatic Brain Injury Case. Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, 2014
- Presenter, “Behind the Insurance Curtain: How Insurers Deny Chiropractic,” Whiplash, Spinal Trauma and the Personal Injury Case, 2012
- Judge, “Contract Negotiation Competition,” UW Law School Moot Court Honor Society, 2012
- Invited Presenter, “Tales From The Dark Side-How Insurers Delay & Deny Claims,” Taking the Mystery Out of Medicine, Washington State Association for Justice, 2012
- Presenter, “Don’t Stop Now! An Introduction to the Basics of Settlement Planning,” New Member Section CLE, Washington State Association for Justice, 2012
- Presenter, “Cost Containment by Insurers: Effectively Responding to IME’s and Records Reviews,” Effectively Managing Your Persona Injury Case From Start to Finish, 2012
- Presenter, “Understanding Insurance Law in a Traumatic Injury Case,” Effectively Managing the Traumatic Injury Case, 2012
- Presenter, “Nutritional Supplements and Chiropractic: Understanding the Law in Washington State,” Washington State Chiropractic Association Fall Conference, 2011
- Presenter, “How Insurers Deny Chiropractic Treatment,” Whiplash, Spinal Trauma, and the Personal Injury Case, 2011
- Presenter, “Role of the Attorney in a Personal Injury Case,” Effectively Managing Your Personal Injury Cases From Start to Finish, 2011
- Presenter, “Lessons From the Dark Side: How Insurers Attack Healthcare Records and Deny Patient Treatment Bills,” Continuing Education Conference, 2011
I was involved in a car accident that resulted in rather severe injuries, and I was advised to look into retaining an attorney. Adler Giersch came highly recommended, and Jacob was the one who took my case. I wasn’t sure what to anticipate having never been in a situation where an attorney was needed, but Jacob surpassed all of my expectations.
Jacob is an excellent attorney who is considerate, honest, and knowledgeable. He kept me informed and educated, made himself readily available, and promptly responded to my phone calls and emails. Perhaps most importantly is the fact that he is a fierce and aggressive advocate for his clients, as shown in the resulting settlement that he negotiated for my injuries. I realize now that I would have never been fully compensated if it were not for him. He will be the first person I go to if the unthinkable ever happens again, and I will enthusiastically refer him to friends, family and casual acquaintances alike.
Jacob and Arthur of Adler Giersch law firm handled my case with a great deal of patience . Jacob was always give me advice and made sure I knew what iI was up against with the insurance company . If you are hurt in any accident these are the people to see .Thanks again Jacob , Arthur and all staff of Adler Giersch.
Jacob was very thorough in handling my Personal Injury claim. He is very knowledgeable and explained the process to me and it progressed and updated me frequently on the progress of things and that reassured me that I was in the right hands. I’m very happy that I retained Jacob Gent’s services and I would retain his services again in a heartbeat or refer any of my friends and family to him.