Arthur D. Leritz received his degree in Political Science from the University of Washington in 1996, followed by his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Willamette University College of Law in 1999.
Mr. Leritz is a partner at Adler ♦ Giersch ps, a law firm dedicated exclusively to representing those with traumatic injuries with a specialty in brain and spinal cord trauma.
Prior to joining Adler ♦ Giersch ps, Mr. Leritz represented and defended insurers for nearly 11 years handling a wide variety of complex insurance and personal injury cases. He has in-depth and broad litigation experience having handled many cases in the trial courts throughout the state of Washington and the U.S. District Courts. It was through his legal representation of at-fault defendants and insurance companies that Mr. Leritz realized his true calling was to advocate, protect, and defend those with traumatic injuries.
He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an organization of top trial lawyers in American that have demonstrated exceptional skill, experience and excellence by achieving an verdict or settlement in access of one million dollars. In 2013, Mr. Leritz received an “AV Rating,” the highest rating available as established in a confidential survey of other attorneys conducted by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Leritz was also responsible in part for new case law that affects the insurance policies in the state of Washington. His worked cleared up legal ambiguity in the law concerning the scope of insurance coverage available for businesses, such as an automobile repair shop. This case went all the way to the Washington Supreme Court in 2004 resulting in a unanimous decision (9-0) and has been subsequently cited as the “standard of review” on summary judgment and issues of statutory interpretation.
Mr. Leritz is a contributor to From Injury to Action: Navigating Your Personal Injury Claim (2012) and is working as a contributing editor to Understanding Medical and Treatment Concepts and Terms (2012) and Understanding Legal and Insurance Concepts and Terms (2013). In addition, Mr. Leritz serves as the editor of the Adler Giersch Blog, www.personalinjuryupdates.com and contributes article to the firm’s monthly newsletter, The Advocate.
Mr. Leritz is licensed to practice law in federal court and all jurisdictions in the state of Washington. He is an advisory Board Member for Mothers Against Drunk Driving Washington, a participating member of the Washington State Bar Association, Washington State Association for Justice (Eagle Status), American Association of Justice, and the Brain Injury Alliance of Washington.
Mr. Leritz has been selected and served as the court-appointed arbitrator in King, Snohomish, and Pierce Counties to resolve personal injury and insurance cases.
In his spare time, Mr. Leritz enjoys restoring old Volkswagens. He is also currently restoring a 1957 DKW 3=6 Sonderklasse.
2. Million Dollar Advocate Forum Life Member
3. “10″ out of “10″ Superb Rating, Client’s Choice Awards, and Top Contributor on www.Avvo.com
4. Selected to Washington SuperLawyers™ (2014, 2015)
5. Washington State Association for Justice Eagle Member
- “Social Media: How insurers are using your social media postings and those of your patients to challenge and deny treatment.” Navigating The Personal Injury Claim for Today’s Healthcare Provider. (2013)
- “Legal Pitfalls of Presenting a TBI Case.” The 11th Annual Pacific Northwest. Brain Injury Alliance of Oregon (2013)
- “Live Demonstration on Effectively Preparing and Presenting Chiropractic Testimony at Deposition.” Whiplash, Spinal Trauma, and the Personal Injury Case. (2012)
- “Defense Perspective: Common Mistakes Plaintiff’s Attorneys Make When Representing A Traumatically Brain Injured Client.” Handling the Traumatic Brain Injury Case. Brain Injury Association of Washington. (2012)
- “How to Prepare for Direct and Cross-Examination.” Washington State Chiropractic Association Fall Conference (2011)
- “Medicine for Lawyers.” Co-Chair. Medicine for Lawyers: Connective Tissue Injuries. Washington State Association for Justice. (2011)
- R. Adler, M. Carter, J. Gent, A. Leritz. Understanding Medical and Treatment Concepts and Terms. Word Association Press (2013)
- R. Adler, M. Carter, J. Gent, A. Leritz. Understanding Legal and Insurance Concepts and Terms. Word Association Press (2012)
- A. Leritz. “Inside the Mind of a Former Insurance Attorney.” From Injury to Action: Navigating Your Personal Injury Claim. Richard H. Adler. Word Association Press (2012) (Pg. 85-91)
Arthur handled my personal injury claim very professionally and competantly despite going against a large very reluctant insurance carrier. He kept me informed of the process and was a pleasure to work with under such trying circumstances.
Jacob and Arthur of Adler Giersch law firm handled my case with a great deal of patience . Jacob was always give me advice and made sure I knew what iI was up against with the insurance company . If you are hurt in any accident these are the people to see .Thanks again Jacob , Arthur and all staff of Adler Giersch.
Mr. Leritz is a great addition to the Adler Giersch team.
He picked up my case which involved dealing with a very headstrong insurance company. With his knowledge of the law and persistence, he finally drove them into submission.
A lesser lawyer would have given up the fight and settled.
He did this although my fee had already been paid to AG because he didn’t feel it was fair that I was being treated in this manner by the insurance company and because he felt that I should receive every nickel I was legally entitled to.
I am very satisfied with Arthur’s performance on my case.