This workshop providers up-to-date information and solutions on effectively manage your personal injury cases, the process, auto insurers and attorneys.
- Insurance Coverage: Learn about all the motor vehicle insurance and policies available to satisfy your bills, including Personal Injury Protection (PIP), Liability, Uninsured, and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Billing: Who to bill? When to bill? Who has to pay? When do they have to pay?
- New developments in insurance law and claim practices that impact your practice; understanding the “Insurance Fair Conduct Act” (IFCA)
- Liens – Learn how to use them and how to handle insurers and attorneys that challenge them
- Reasonable Charges for Records, Reports, Testifying, and Interest on Bills
- Expert Witness Fees: How much? Who pays? When?
- IME/ICE/Peer Reviews: How effectively handle and respond to these “treatment killers”
- Responding to insurers, attorneys and patients refusing to pay or trying to reduce your bills
- Cutting edge PI Topics
- Apportioning Preexisting Condition and New Trauma
- How to know if your patient’s attorney is friend or foe regarding payment of treatment
- What to do with attorneys that do not return calls, ignore your bill, or try to reduce your bill
Who Should Attend?
- Healthcare providers interested in effectively and successfully handling traumatic injury claims.
- Individuals responsible for patient billing, communication with insurers, attorneys, and patients.
- Recent and experienced healthcare providers and their staff members seeking the cutting edge tools and information to work smarter and more effectively in managing personal injury claims.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Date(s) – Thursday, November 6, 2014
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Seattle Airport Marriott